Ertalyte® petp is polyethylene terephthalate. It is one of the harder industrial plastics and comes in two grades - virgin or natural petp (white, black) and TX petp (pale grey), which has a uniformly dispersed solid lubricant.
The virgin or natural grade is recommended for use with precision parts which are subject to sustained high loadings and wear, whilst the TX grade has a very low friction co-efficient and a high pressure to velocity rating (a 50mm diameter x 75mm long petp bush can take a load of up to 9 tonnes).
The main uses for Ertalyte® petp are in applications which require low friction, low moisture absorption, high mechanical strength and good dimensional stability.
Temperature range: -20ºC to +100ºC
(-20°C to +55°C in water)
- High mechanical strength and hardness
- Very good creep resistance
- Low and constant co-efficient of friction
- Excellent wear resistance
- Non-toxic for food contact
- Very good dimensional stability
- Dimensionally stable parts for bushings, gears, rollers and pump components
- Heavily-loaded bearings and bushes
- Thrust washers
- Insulating components in electrical engineering
- Rudder stock bearings